The Contributor is a strategic partner with DPC in serving the poor of Nashville & has had office space in our church building since its beginning.
With a staff of about 10, and about 400 vendors city-wide, they are the largest and most successful street newspaper in the United States.
The Contributor now publishes twice monthly. The values of the paper remain:
- To provide a diversity of perspectives and information on the condition of homelessness while highlighting the contributions of homeless and formerly homeless individuals
- To provide homeless and formerly homeless newspaper vendors with a source of income
- To create community between vendors and their customers
Monday morning is a very busy time for the paper’s staff and vendors at DPC. Tom will always welcome volunteers who can help:
- Unload new issues off the truck in DPC’s parking lot, and/or
- Distribute the new issue to vendors in our Fellowship Hall
Contact Tom at [email protected].