Following the renovation of the former congregational library from which it takes its name and located off the Fellowship Hall on the first floor, The Browsing Room gallery opened in July 2014 and quickly became a popular stop on the First Saturday 5th Avenue Art Crawl.
Curated by our Artists-in-Residence, The Browsing Room offers a regular rotation of exhibitions featuring their own work and local guests artists. @browsingroomgallery
- Monday through Friday 10am – 3pm based on availability. Please call the church office at 615-254-7584 or email [email protected] to schedule a time.
- First Saturday of each month: 6-9pm
- Sunday Mornings
Entry is free to all visitors.
About the gallery:
Despite the large collection of contemporary art displayed throughout our historic building, the transformation of The Browsing Room is the first time we have dedicated a contained space solely to art exhibition.
Our resident & guest artists had shown their new works in the Fellowship Hall since the earliest days of the Art Crawl but the large scale of that space was challenging.
The Hall continues to be the site of our Saturday morning breakfast and Wednesday lunch for the homeless and urban poor. The high volume of guests at these and other events made it difficult for displaying free-standing sculpture & installations.
The gallery has expanded the types of work we can exhibit to now include freestanding sculpture and installations. It has proved a successful space for both group and solo shows: giving light, energy and cohesion to even the most eclectic collection.
Reviews of our exhibitions:
- September 2016 – Artists-in-Residence Group Show
- August 2016 – Artists-in-Residence Group Show
- July 2016 – Guest artist Zack Rafuls’ Solo Show, Tracings
- June 2015 – Artists-in-Residence Group Show