One of the best things about DPC is the abundance of opportunities to get involved and make a difference. Take your Christianity from abstract concept to practical reality. Not only will you change the lives of those around you… but also yourself! If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please feel free to contact the church directly or email the appropriate contact below. Here are a few ideas on how to get involved:
Worship & Arts
- Serve as liturgist (15 min +service)
- Communion prep (30 min)
- Run sound in worship (15 min +service)
- Music: choir, instruments, handbells, etc.
- Make art for service
- Setup for major services (30-60 min)
- Setup chapel for worship (30-60 min)
- Help with JuveNiles (Sun. 9-9:45)
- Clean or repair choir robes
- Greeters for worship (30 min +service)
- Art Crawl (3 hrs, 1x/mth)
- Congregation event setup (30 min +event)
- Congregation event cleanup (30 min +event)
- Serve as a church rep for community events (1-3 hours)
- Call members
- Visit members
- Send cards of care and concern
- Help w/meal trains
- Congregational care tasks unique to an individual’s need
- Help with drives
- Visit benevolences (1 hr +travel)
- Attend outreach events
Fish & Loaves (Saturday Breakfast)
- Volunteer mornings (Sat. 8:15-9:45)
- Coordinate 1 Saturday each month (Sat. 7:45-10, 1x/ mth +mtgs)
- Help sort & organize the clothing closet (1-2 hrs)
- Moderate Sunday School (1 hr +prep)
- Serve as Presbytery Commissioner (3-5 hrs +travel; open to any Ruling Elder)
- Help facilitate faith-based events at DPC
Building & History
- Help with landscaping
- Church tours (1 hr, requires training)
- Misc. building cleanup
- Tidy up kitchen (30-60 min, 1x/mth)
- Tidy up parlors or morning brew room (30-60 min)
- Graphic Design/layout
- Digital/Social Media
- Website development
- Video Production
- Marketing & Promotions
- Update bulletin boards (1 hr, 1x/mth)
- Prep pews for worship (1-2 hrs, 2x/mth)
- Prep pew materials (1 hr, 1x/mth)
- Host a small group for church events (typically 2 hrs +prep)
Fish & Loaves (formerly Saturday Breakfast)
Volunteers should arrive by 8:00 a.m.
If you are interested in volunteering for our Saturday breakfast, or if you would like to be a part of the team helping to coordinate our efforts, please add your name to the sign up sheet in the narthex or via email to [email protected]. You can also sign up for specific dates on SignUpGenius.com.
Parking will be available in the Premier lot that we use on Sunday mornings and we’ll give you a voucher for complimentary parking.
There are sign up sheets in the narthex for regular volunteer opportunities:
- Greeters set up the refreshment table in the narthex, welcome visitors before worship & collect the tithes and offerings.
- Liturgists lead the congregation in the liturgy, read a passage of scripture and prayers during the service.
For more volunteer opportunities at ongoing or special events, see our Sunday morning bulletin and listen for announcements. Joining our Hospitality and Outreach monthly committee meetings are a great way to get more deeply involved in service to the congregation and the community.